Now Hiring Technical Sales Representative
TNT Crane & Rigging Canada Inc.
Technical Sales Representative
Job Posting – Edmonton Branch
For over 30 years, TNT Crane & Rigging Canada Inc. has been one of the largest crane service providers in North America. With over 38 branches, the company is known for its exceptional service, state-of-the art equipment and highly trained staff. Their equipment portfolio spans mobile cranes with lifting capacities up to 1300 tons, crawler cranes, gantry jacks with lifting capacities up to 1200 tons, a variety of forklifts and specialty lifts, and a fleet of stocked rigging trailers. Our growth and success has been due to the great people we hire, and we are now looking to hire a Technical Sales Rep to join our team in our newly opened facility in Nisku, Alberta.
The TSR will be responsible for the accurate, timely preparation of full-cost estimates for projects, including materials and labor. He or she will be tasked with preparing and maintaining a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors, and establishing unit costs, labor rates, productivity factors and location impacts. This individual’s accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business, as under-estimates may cause significant financial losses and over-estimates may result in the inability to win bids. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates for crane requirements
- Prepare and generate crane quotes
- Present estimates and conduct review meetings with clients
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Effectively determine the bid strategies required for the company to be successful
- Assist corporate and project management teams to determine what types of projects to bid on
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation
- Participate in presentations to management and clients. Will be responsible for “closing the sale”
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as require
- Responsible for site supervision or direction when required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma, G.E.D or equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience in the crane business as an operator or in a sales capacity
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Must possess a Level C first aid certificate
- Must possess H2S certification and site safety orientation
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Respect diversity – treat others with respect
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Client service and public interaction skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision
- Collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees
- Customer focused – respond promptly to customer needs
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers
- Receptive to change – can adapt to changing circumstances
We offer a competitive salary with commission and benefit package to the successful candidate.
To apply for this position please send your resume by Friday, February 10, 2017 attention:
Ron Bakker at email@example.com.